Saturday 12 March 2011

Crossing the line

Carlos Tevez from Man Utd to Man City. Sol Campbell from Tottenham to Arsenal. Ashley Who?from Arsenal to Chelsea, Torres from Liverpool to Chelsea and the list goes on. Moves like this were branded crazy and insane by the media. In Penang floorball, moves like this were rare. To date, i can only recall one such move which happen in the transfer of 2009. At that point, i really saluted him for his courage to make such a move but of course i am glad that he is settled there now playing floorball at his best.

One year from that period, i find myself in similar situation. 'Crossing the line'. Yes for those of you who didnt know yet, i'm no longer with my beloved club Ztec. I found out first hand that making this move was not an easy thing as i faced constant pressure and questions from various party. Many questioned my motive, some questioned my commitment while a handful blessed my move.

To leave Ztec was one of the hardest decisions in my life. Without a doubt, Ztec has made me the player i am today and with the help of the coaching staff and players I believe we have made Ztec the team it is today. Ztec still has a very big part of my heart and i promise to still be there for every league game if I am in Penang. This club has a great potential to not just be a great team in this country but in this region if they continue to train with the right attitude and stay humble.

Anyway i'm actually very excited to be in my new team and looking forward for the challenges that we are going to face. The motive of joining my new team was never relationship, friendship neither was it just to improve my tactical game. I believe that this move has more than what others can see with their own eyes. It is not just shaping me as a player but as an individual and I believe this is the right place for me to achieve my goal for the years to come.

I'll update you guys more soon.. And for those of you who are still trying to figure which club i meant when i said 'crossing the line'. The name is Contact.

1 comment: