Wednesday 16 March 2011

Learning From The Pro


This week ( 3rd week of March) i had the opportunity once again in my life to learn from a pro floorball player. Previously having learn a thing or two from Finnish national players such as Jani Kukkola and Jani Naumanen, this time I had the opportunity to learn and meet Jill Quek. Said by many as the best female floorball player in Asia, i had the chance to meet her when she was up in Penang recently for a coaching clinic with another fellow coach Jacintha.


Both of them were on a 5 day visit in Penang to conduct coaching clinics. I didnt not attend the coaching clinic however i got a chance to see her play floorball 'for fun' during a friendly match where she played as the 6th man because the goalie was injured early in the 1st period. With responsibilites of guarding the goal she still manage to wow the crowd with a few solo runs and wonderful shots not mentioning scoring 2 goals in the process.

This few days had taught me so much about sports and about life. Hearing both of them share their personal stories had touched me and blessed me in so many ways. Sports is actually so much more than just playing the game and coaching is actually much more than just winning the competition. Something i should actually reflect on. It looks like they have went through what I'm going through in life now and to hear them overcome it actually motivates me to overcome the problems of my own.

Perhaps even motivate me to consider going back to coaching again?? =)

* I've really learn so much from the both of you and I wish you all the best in ur game as a player, coach and may God bless ur ministry.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there's definitely more than coaching than just winning trophies. And yes, it's time you come back to the coaching scene with a renewed perspective bro'! :)

    ReplyDelete